Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tuesday recap

So I think I managed to pass my test yesterday! Yay! Hopefully I can still go to nursing school :)

I also managed to get to spinning last night after the test. It was nice to go from a stressful test straight into a tough workout. Spinning is really hard for me. Like I go with a friend from work sometimes, and I'll be dying and gasping for breath, and she's barely breaking a sweat! But sometimes we run together too, and I can kick her butt running. I guess people just get used to doing different activities, and the workouts you do the most get easier for you. That's why I like to switch it up and incorporate some spinning into my running program.

I didn't do so well food-wise yesterday. When I got home from work, I was pretty hungry for lunch. We were out of wraps, and I didn't think a chickpea sandwich on bread sounded as good. So I made some oatmeal with a banana and peanut butter. It was delicious and healthy. But I was so hungry that while the oatmeal was cooking, I attacked my fiance's box of honey bunches of oats. Not exactly the best idea. For dinner, Jacob made me broccoli pasta (he's so sweet!) using a recipe I've had for years. It calls for chicken too, but he cooked the chicken just for him on the George Foreman grill so that my dish would be vegetarian. The real trouble was that we went to pint night at a brewery down the street to celebrate me finishing my exam. The beer was delicious! I love beer. I had a fabulous Trippel and a snake bite (half beer, half cider). I've never had a snake bite before... it was interesting! I ordered it with pale ale as the beer. It was a little sweet for my taste, but it was pretty good. I'll have to try it again with a different kind of beer, maybe something darker. After I drink, I always want some munchies. I had tortilla chips with sour cream and cheese when I got home. And a couple of girl scout cookies. Not good, Keri. Not good.

Today I am going to eat better. Being at work makes it easy to eat well because I just make sure I pack all healthy food in my lunch. Today I have plain yogurt and bran flakes for breakfast, peanut butter and jelly on an Arnold sandwich thin (those things are delicious!) for lunch, along with a salad and baby carrots, and an orange and a granola bar for snack. Yummy! Here's to getting healthy again!

The most exciting thing today is that one of my friends decided to run my half marathon on May 1 with me! Usually Jacob and I race together, but he will be out of town for business that weekend. So I convinced my friend to come run with me. Now I'm so excited... this race is going to be awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment