Monday, April 5, 2010

37 seconds

That is the amount of time I went over my 10 miler goal by. I was so angry! I started off hitting my target pace exactly for the first 5 miles. I was feeling great! Around the mile 7 mark, I started to feel not so good. It was hot, I was tired, and there were some big hills. My pace fell off. Honestly by mile 9 I was just hoping to finish! I figured at that point that I would not hit my goal time, and I would finish in like 1:34 or 1:35. But at the end I guess I picked it up a bit. But to miss my goal by 37 SECONDS?? That's just annoying! Honestly, I'm pretty happy with that time because it is so close, but it's just frustrating to miss a goal by so little.

I took it easy on Sunday. Jacob and I cooked an Easter feast with my mom. We grilled out (burgers for them, a portabello mushroom for me) and had potato salad and fruit salad on the side. It was so yummy! And super healthy. OK maybe not the potato salad, but my Mom makes THE BEST potato salad, and it is very light on the mayo, so it's a healthy-ish splurge.

The plan for this week is to take it pretty easy. I am going to go to the gym tonight, study some (my next exam came today!) and watch the premier of Tory and Dean. Love me some girly TV!!

No comments:

Post a Comment