Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend recap

I had a really busy weekend! But less busy (or at least less alcohol heavy) than the last 2 weekends. I really don't know how I ever got anything DONE in college... it seems like the day after I have more than 2 drinks, I'm just so out of it all day long!

On Saturday, Jacob and I picked out our wedding invitations! Yay! I really love them, they're plain and simple, but modern and really pretty. The paper is such good quality that it makes the simple invitation look so nice! We also looked at new apartments in Richmond, and though we weren't too thrilled with what we saw, we got to walk around down town and it made me so much more excited about moving there! I really can't wait :)

Saturday night we participated in Beer a Thon 2010. One of Jacob's friends had this idea... about 10 people met at a local pub and started working our way through their extensive beer list. Everyone tasted a little of everything. We went through 26 beers. I had some new stuff that was quite good! For some strange reason, after a while, all the beer started to taste like raisins to me. It was crazy... raisin isn't normally a taste I associate with beer. One of the other guys said he tasted raisins in a lot of the beers too so at least it's not just me!

I had a NICE run on Sunday. Jacob and I did the Monticello trail twice, so a little more than 8 miles. Even though it was HOT (I think it was probably in the 80's and very humid), I still had the best run I had had all week. I don't know why, maybe it was that 13 mile run last Monday, but I just hadn't been feeling good on my runs last week. I felt so much better and prepared for the race during this run! It was a nice reminder about why I love running.

I had some studying to do (gotta get that anatomy final done!), so I headed to the rooftop pool at my gym on Sunday afternoon. It was so nice to sit outside by a pool... this was the first time I've done it this season. It was hot (but not too hot) and sunny and fabulous... I kept taking study breaks to close my eyes and pretend I was in the Bahamas! I would open my eyes expecting to see the crystal clear aqua Caribbean looking back at me, and I was pretty disappointed to see the hills of Central Virginia. But hey, the sun was out, the sky was blue, everything was a lovely green, and I could see the hazy ridge line of Mont Alto/Carter's Mountain 5 miles away and know that I had just run up that! It was really a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment